Simple Tooth Extractions
If you are experiencing extreme tooth sensitivity, you may need to have a tooth extracted.
Reasons for a tooth extraction
There are situations in which a simple tooth extraction can help alleviate pain or prepare you for another restorative procedure. Some common reasons for extraction include:
- Advanced periodontal disease that has loosened the tooth roots
- Extra teeth or baby teeth that impede adult teeth
- Preparing a patient for orthodontic treatment
- Removing a fractured or malformed tooth
- Severe tooth decay which cannot be remedied with root canal therapy
If you are sick the week prior to your scheduled extraction or on the day of, please contact our office, as alternative arrangements may need to be made. Please contact us at 517-393-8500 if you have any questions or concerns.
Day Family Dental
Dr. Nathan Day, DMD • Dentist • Lansing, MI